[Snort-devel] Dynamic preprocessor question - access to Preprocess function

Steven Sturges steve.sturges at ...402...
Wed Apr 4 15:04:51 EDT 2007

Vladimir Shcherbakov wrote:
> Sure, that's fair :) Do you know what is the timeframe of the post-2.7.0
> release?

Hi Vladimir--

We don't have a solid time frame for the next release (beyond 2.7.0)
at this point, however in looking at the required changes, it looks
pretty straightforward.

To address your request, attached are two patches, one for 2.6.1.4
and one for 2.7.0 (what's current in CVS) that I put together quickly
(ie, completely untested) to provide the functionality that you
requested.

After some testing, we'll try to get these changes merged into the
code-bases for CVS download, so that they're included in the next
release from those branches.

Let us know if this meets your needs.

Cheers.
-steve