[Snort-devel] Variable names are expanded in threshold.conf comments

Frank Knobbe frank at ...2134...
Wed Dec 6 18:04:36 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 10:52 -0500, Steven Sturges wrote:
> The snort parser does not handle comments at the end of line
> very well... This is a known issue.  Try moving the # IPC$
> to the previous line as a comment.

Comments at the end of a line work perfectly well. I'm using these all
over the place with no ill effects.

The problem is the dollar-sign. Use "# IPC-dollar" in the comment
instead.

Regards,
Frank

against your ports.