[Snort-devel] Error in documentation

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+snort at ...2292...
Thu Mar 17 19:28:28 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking at section 3.6.6 of the documentation for version
2.3.2 which states:

    The following modifiers can be set to change the match
    criteria:
        + match on the specified bits, plus any others
        - match if any of the specified bits are set
        ! match if the specified bits are not set

    Format
        fragbits:[+-*]<[MDR]>

The text says that the modifiers are [+-!] while
the format statement says that its [+-*].

I looked at the code in src/detection-plugins/sp_ip_fragbits.c
which seems to accept [+*!].

If people need a patch to fix this then I'd be happy to provide
it.

Cheers,
Erik
[N] Erik de Castro Lopo, Senior Computer Engineer
[E] erik.de.castro.lopo at ...2292...
[W] http://www.sensorynetworks.com
[T] +61 2 83022726
[F] +61 2 94750316
[A] L6/140 William St, East Sydney NSW 2011, Australia