[Snort-devel] Site and license updates

Mike Poor mike at ...2738...
Fri Mar 11 06:38:39 EST 2005

Marty

just wanted to say that you rock amigo.  You deserve success after all
the work you put into this.  Im down here at Virginia Tech teaching the
IDS class to a group of 300 and a number of people were talking about
the license.  At first I had read the Snort-dev post from you and
thought that it was very cool and classy.  Then I saw the license
agreement and the fee schedule and felt that it was  abit harsh.. but
hey who am I to critisize.  I got into class the other day and a number
of students were chatting about the license, some didnt care for it,
somer were ambivalent.  I weighed in and said... look, if you want rules
asap, write them yourself or pay the fee.  If you dont like the
license... write your own damn IDS.

Just figured Id thank you publicly for writing a kickass tool, one that
made learning fun and available to thousands of packet geeks everywhere.

domo arigato gozaimas,

Mike Poor