[Snort-devel] New db scheme & analysis environment

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...2705...
Thu Mar 10 19:54:59 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 02:35, Patrick.Bizeau at ...2736... wrote:
> Hello World,
>
> A new project is born.
>
> The goals of our MSc in communication systems diploma work are
> the following:
>
> - Create a fast database scheme for storing snort alerts supporting
>   views, triggers and stored procedures.
>
> - Develop a fast and reliable database output plugin for snort.
>
> - Write a fully fledged, graphical analysis environment based on
>   PHP5/Perl.
>
> We just started to work on this project and any input/advice is
> highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas & Patrick

Hi-

Can the BASE project be of any help to you?  We are working on the 2.0
version which we are hoping to have as a full fledged web and client
front end.  We have also started looking at trying to build a faster db
output plug-in for snort and barnyard.  This sounds like your project
will fit this perfectly.

Thanks
Kevin Johnson
BASE Project Lead