[Snort-devel] Help with output plugin

Joshua Berry jberry at ...2712...
Mon Mar 7 14:58:54 EST 2005

I am trying to develop my own output plugin that sends XML messages over
SSL to an aggregation/correlation server I have developed in Perl.  The
program worked fine on my workstation, but then I moved it to another
box for testing and now it segfaults after a while.  I am not really a C
programmer at all (mostly stick with Perl, hence the segfaults and
problems I am having with memory management) so I am sure there are
numerous mistakes in my horrible code.  Can someone help point out what
I am doing wrong.

The code is attached.

Josh Berry | CISSP GCIA
Information Security
214-765-1296

If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked.
What's more, you deserve to be hacked.
     -- (Former) White House Cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke