[Snort-devel] references.config

Kevin Johnson kjohnson at ...2705...
Tue Jun 21 19:34:19 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 22:22, Frank Knobbe wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 21:08 -0400, Kevin Johnson wrote:
> > I was thinking that at the least, we should add a urls for https://
> > sites.  But things like the MS knowledge base to reference patches and
> > other virus engines other then McAfee would make sense.....
>
> Does the MS knowledge based have a strict and fixed URL design for
> articles? Like: www.ms.com/url/url/<number> ? Otherwise URL would be
> more appropriate. It's really not a choice of "site-type" but of
> "site-structure".

Yes it does have a structure that would fit the references.config
file.... please understand that MS is just an example of a site I think
should be added.  Of course tools like BASE would need to also be
updated.  (Of course those BASE guys don't ever respond!)

> Regards,
> Frank (apologizing if he's stating the obvious)

I don't think you were stating the obvious!<g>

Kevin
BASE Project Lead
http://base.secureideas.net
The next step in IDS analysis!