[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-inline-users] SPARC_TWIDDLE

Nick Rogness nick at ...2774...
Wed Jun 15 08:00:43 EDT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, Adayadil Thomas wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Can anyone put some light on what SPARC_TWIDDLE means ?

On SPARC systems, this is used to align the header on a 32-bit boundary.
There have been errors related to this in the past, but I think they have
been fixed since snort-2.0.0+

> When creating memory for stream_pkt this is used.
>
>    stream_pkt->pkth = calloc(sizeof(SnortPktHeader)+
>                              ETHERNET_HEADER_LEN +
>                              SPARC_TWIDDLE + IP_MAXPACKET,
>                              sizeof(char));

Nick Rogness <nick at ...2774...>
-
   How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand.
   				-Emo Philips