[Snort-devel] Barebones version of Snort

Jose Maria Lopez jkerouac at ...2643...
Wed Jan 26 05:27:19 EST 2005

El mar, 25 de 01 de 2005 a las 22:41, tabrez rajani escribió:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I was wondering if anybody had the bare bones version
> of snort i.e., Snort compressed to about 4-5 files
> with just  the basic functionality.
>
> I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me
> out with this.
> Regards,
> Tabrez

You can take the binary, the sid and the like files
and then change the config file to use one rules
file, in which you can merge the rules you *really*
need from the rules files. I don't think you can
reduce it more.

Maybe you can also compile snort as a static binary
so it doesn't depends on shared libraries.

Regards.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC