[Snort-devel] Snort 2.3.0 Final released!
jh at ...402...
Tue Jan 25 12:15:00 EST 2005
The Snort Team is pleased to announce the availability of Snort v2.3.0
Final! There are only a few minor changes from RC2 to final. The
following are the release notes for Final:
* Fixed issue with sfPortscan reporting incorrect IP datagram length.
Thanks Jon Hart for the test case and finding the bug, and Marc Norton
for resolving the issue.
* Threshold/Suppression now prints properly when logging to syslog.
Thanks Sekure for pointing out the problem. Thanks Steve Sturges for
working on the fix.
* Threshold memcap argument now correctly handles non-integer input.
Thanks nnposter for the patch.
* Fixed issue reported by Allan Jensen, where on MacOS X, ppp links were
not decoded properly. Thanks Dan Roelker for the fix.
* Snort manual and FAQ are updated for 2.3. Thanks Jen Harvey for your
work on putting it all together.
Please see the ChangeLog and RELEASE.NOTES for further details.
The Final version can be downloaded from the usual place,
http://www.snort.org/dl. RPMs and Win32 binaries will be up shortly.
Also, a big thanks to the community for using and testing out the release
candidates. Your support and contributions are appreciated!
The Snort Team
More information about the Snort-devel