[Snort-devel] Snort Win32 version Problems

Song, Ronggong Ronggong.Song at ...2728...
Mon Feb 21 07:06:50 EST 2005

Hi,

Recently, I found some complain about the Snort (Win32 version) could n't
work with the latest WinPcap 3.0 or 3.1 version but worked well with WinPcap
2.3 version. I checked the problem it said "The procedure entry point
PacketGetNetInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library
packet.dll" for WinPcap 3.0 or 3.1. Since WinPcap 3.0 and 3.1 added a new
the PacketGetNetInfoEx() into packet.dll instead of PacketGetNetInfo. I am
not sure if this is the main reason for it.

Welcome any comments.

Best Regards,
_
Dr. Ronggong Song | Tel.| Tél. : (613) 990-6869   | Facsimile | télécopieur:
(613) 952-7151
ronggong.song at ...2728... <mailto:ronggong.song at ...2728...
<mailto:ronggong.song at ...2728...> >
Research Officer, Information Security Group  |  Groupe de sécurité de
l'information
NRC Institute for Information Technology       | Institut de technologie de
l'information du CNRC
<http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ <http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/> >
| <http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/ <http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/> >
National Research Council Canada                     | Conseil national de
recherches Canada
M50, 1200 Montreal Rd.,                                       | M50, 1200
chemin Montréal,
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0R6                                            | Ottawa,
Ontario, K1A 0R6
Government of Canada                                          | Gouvernement
du Canada
_
 <<Song, Ronggong.vcf>>