[Snort-devel] schema and mysql

Charlie Root root at ...2709...
Mon Feb 21 07:06:46 EST 2005

I recently rebuilt my system and brought mysql up to version 5 from an old
version (3.23).  I am now having a problem with reading the 'schema' table.

I am using snort version 2.3.0 on FreeBSD 4.11.

When I try to use snort I get:

 mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'schema' at line 1

I notice that schema needs to be quoted so I also tried setting ANSI_QUOTES
to see if this needed to be set for the code to work properly.  No go.

show global variables like 'sql_mode';
| Variable_name | Value       |
| sql_mode      | ANSI_QUOTES |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

I looked at spo_database.c and noticed that square brackets are used for
mssql but no special quotes are used for mysql.

I figured I'd better ask here before I spent a ton of time trying to debug.

Daniel