[Snort-devel] Turning on DEBUG while compiling ?

Andrew Rucker Jones arjones at ...2237...
Tue Feb 15 12:50:16 EST 2005

No source code changes are necessary. You didn't just edit the Makefile,
did You? You need to use ./configure --enable-debug. In addition, You
need to run snort in the foreground (i.e. don't use the -D option).

			-&

snort user wrote:
| I have the env variable set and also -DDEBUG in Makefile..still not
| getting the DEBUG lines
|
| In debug.c
|     if (DebugMessageFile != NULL)
|         printf("%s:%d: ", DebugMessageFile, DebugMessageLine);
|
| Do I need to do something to set the variable DebugMessageFile  ??
| (by default it is NULL)
|

| Thanks
|
| On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:56:35 +0100, Andrew Rucker Jones
| <arjones at ...2237...> wrote:
|
| Take a look at debug.h in the snort distribution. You have to set the
| environment variable SNORT_DEBUG to the ORed value of all debug
| catagories You want to see, then run snort.
|
|                         -&
|

| snort user wrote:
| | Hi
| |
| | I am trying to enable DEBUG inorder to see the statements like
| |
| |     DebugMessage(DEBUG_STREAM, "pcount stream packet %d\n",pcount);
| | OR
| |     DEBUG_WRAP(DebugMessage(DEBUG_STREAM,
| |                     "No stateful inspection on this port, returning"););
| |
| | in the Makefile , I have
| | DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEBUG
| |
| | Is there any thing else I should be doing ?
| |
| | Thanks a lot for the help
| |
| |