[Snort-devel] Turning on DEBUG while compiling ?

Avininder Grewal agrewal at ...1579...
Tue Feb 15 10:00:57 EST 2005

I think you also need to enable debug by setting the value of
enviornmental variable SNORT_DEBUG to appropriate debug level.
Check debug.h for more info..

A./

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of snort user
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:45 AM
To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-devel] Turning on DEBUG while compiling ?

Hi

I am trying to enable DEBUG inorder to see the statements like

    DebugMessage(DEBUG_STREAM, "pcount stream packet %d\n",pcount); OR
    DEBUG_WRAP(DebugMessage(DEBUG_STREAM,
                    "No stateful inspection on this port, returning"););

in the Makefile , I have
DEFS = -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEBUG

Is there any thing else I should be doing ?

Thanks a lot for the help