[Snort-devel] Session mixup by stream4

Andrew Rucker Jones arjones at ...2237...
Fri Feb 11 05:32:12 EST 2005

The checksum thing isn't really the issue. The stream4 plugin really is
mixing up packets. It does it a whole lot. I can't tell You how many
times a day i see it at work. I have come to hate stream4. But i won't
vent here, since i really should be thanking the developers for writing
Snort at all. I have, however, reported one issue with stream4 and mixed
up packets to the developers that they would not fix. Their reasoning
was that they wanted to think through the implications and provide a
complete solution to the problem instead of the patch i gave them. (The
issue is with TCP window scaling.) Fair enough, but it doesn't seem to
have happened yet.

			-&