[Snort-devel] log format for snort logs + IPS docs

William Metcalf William_Metcalf at ...2528...
Mon Feb 7 12:19:39 EST 2005

Not sure why they have not updated the Snort Users Manual on the website to
2.3.0, but the doc/snort_manual.pdf and the doc/README.INLINE included in
your tarball should give you a good start.

Regards,

Will

             avinash shenoi
             <avinash.shenoi at ...2720...
             mail.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
             snort-devel-admin                                          cc
             @lists.sourceforg
             e.net                                                 Subject
                                       [Snort-devel] log format for snort
                                       logs + IPS docs
             02/07/2005 12:14
             PM

             Please respond to
              avinash shenoi
             <avinash.shenoi at ...2720...
                 mail.com>

Hello All

I am new to snort IDS and would like to know if there is any
documentation on the different log formats that snorts writes logs in.
What I am looking for is an explanation of the different fields in the
snort logs. Please let me know a good place to find this.

I am also interested in the snort IPS functionality and would like to
know where I can find documentation on this as well

Thanks and Regards
Avinash