[Snort-devel] RE: [Snort-users] Problem: Win32 v2.4.3 does not start as a Service

Rich Adamson radamson at ...442...
Mon Dec 26 09:24:18 EST 2005

No databases or any other external app is used. Alerting to syslog in
relatively low traffic environments. As mentioned, all snort functions
have been and continue to function just fine; purely a services startup
issue with no dependencies as best as I can tell.

Might also add that "Restart the Service" in the Recovery tab of the snort
services properties has been set, and that never kicks off. So, presumably
it also is related to the fact the service never started, therefore it
can't be restarted.