[Snort-devel] snort 2.4.0 (rpm) where are the rules?

Jason Brvenik jasonb at ...402...
Tue Aug 9 10:29:53 EDT 2005

/Download/Snort/snort-2.4.0 $ more RELEASE.NOTES
2005-07-22 - Snort 2.4.0 Released

[*] Distribution Change
     * Rules are no longer distributed as part of the Snort releases,
they are available as a separate download from snort.org.  This was done
for  three reasons:
         1) To better manage the new rules licensing.
         2) To reduce the size of the engine download.
         3) To move the thousands of documentation files for the rules
into the rules tarballs.  If you've ever checked Snort out of CVS you'll
know why this is a Good Thing.

Rules are @

http://www.snort.org/rules/