[Snort-devel] snort 2.4.0 (rpm) where are the rules?

Martin Muench mmuench at ...1877...
Tue Aug 9 10:17:29 EDT 2005

Hi everyone

I installed snort-2.4.0-1.C3.i386.rpm on a fedora core 4 machine.
When I started snort he wasn't able to open the rules in /etc/snort/rules

I looked in the directory, it was empty.
Then I installed the source rpm and took a look in the SOURCES of the rpm.
And there are no rules in the etc directory. In fact there is not even a
rules directory.

In the SPEC file I find this line:

# %_install -p -m 0644 rules/*.rules $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{SnortRulesDir}

Well, it is commented out, but where can I find the rules now ???

Thanks for your help

Martin