[Snort-devel] Re: Re: HI everybody... classification field problem

BlackSteven johng at ...2752...
Fri Apr 29 13:23:54 EDT 2005

Hi, thx J, but i dun think tis there, coz there you can look at the classifications, and their
priority, but in the Event Structure, it is transformed into a u_int_32... what i need to know, is
how it is coded there. How do you convert from the number in the u_int_32 into a
classification in the classification.config. Is it a sequential number?

I think what you are looking for is located in your classification.config file.

 -----Original Message-----
 From: snort-devel-admin at ...2757...
[mailto:snort-devel-admin at ...2757...] On Behalf Of BlackSteven
 Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 2:57 AM
 To: snort-devel at ...2757...
 Subject: [Snort-devel] HI everybody... classification field problem

 Hi everybody...
 I dunno if my last message got posted, so i will rewrite it.... I am starting to code some
openGL stuph thats got to do with snort... Basically what i need to know is how the
classification is coded in the classification field of
 the Event structure in the unified ouput file. It is declared as u_int_32 but i need to
know its
 readeble (ascii) translation of the values there...
 Basically what i need its a conversion table, between the classifications and their binary
 format...
 Ok thx everybody

 I DUNNO WH47 I W4N7 --> I DO |<NOW HOW 7O G37 I7!
 WH3R3 TH¡N62 M4773R --> N07H¡N6 3L23 DO32!
                -->SPOOKITALL<--
                -->ROOTDWORLD<--