[Snort-devel] combining snort with neural net

gavin mc auley gmcauley at ...2747...
Thu Apr 14 11:26:46 EDT 2005

Hi

For my final year project I have been given the task to combine snort with a neural net. However I have hit a major problem in order to train the neural net I need alot of examples of malicous packets captured in tcpdump format. So far I have been using tcpreplay to replay some malicous traffic captured in tcpdump fromat by the honeynet at honeynet.org at the neural net. However there are not too many examples. I was wondering if you would have or know where I could get more samples of such captured attack traffic.

I would appreciate any help.

Gavin