[Snort-devel] [ snort-Support Requests-1053729 ] snort -T output question?

SourceForge.net noreply at ...12...
Fri Oct 29 06:21:02 EDT 2004

Support Requests item #1053729, was opened at 2004-10-25 06:40
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203357&aid=1053729&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi all -

When I update my rules I run snort -T to verify all my
rules are GOOD.  But there is no way for me to
automate this process so that I can read the ERROR
message to STDOUT to a file.   If the   snort -T does
return ERROR then I want to reverse back to old rules.

HOw can I feedin the output from snort -T or snort -
c /etc/snort/snort.conf -v to STD OUTPUT to a file.

Any ideas....
thanks
hallian