[Snort-devel] Latest CVS build running like a champ

Gould, Scott sgould at ...2645...
Fri Oct 1 07:44:03 EDT 2004

 Just an FYI, the latest CVS pull compiled with most options, except
inline, runs like a champ. I'll test inline functionality later. I ran
it for awhile last night comparing the results to the a 2.2.0 build with
same options.  Using same test environment, 2.3 used less cpu resources
than 2.2.0 on a regular basis throughout the entire test.

This was built and run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, 3 Update 1 with some
patches.
Box is a PE2600 From Dell with 2 Processors w/Hyper threading, and 2 GB
of RAM, with
Using latest libpcap from Phil Woods site.

Since I can't code, thought I test to contribute in some way, lol,
instead of always take take take.  Thanks for the great ongoing work
guys.

Scott Gould, MCP
Senior Network & Systems Analyst
Gynecologic Oncology Group