[Snort-devel] Snort error

Andrew Rucker Jones arjones at ...2237...
Mon Nov 29 10:35:06 EST 2004

Libraries have nothing to do with what is in Your PATH. Where the
dynamic linker looks for libraries is controlled by the environment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That is the hackish way to do it, though. Take
a look at the man page for crle on Solaris. That will modify the
system-wide search path for libraries.

			-&

Gilbert Darrell wrote:
| I new to Unix admin and Snort.
| It took a while to step thru the dependencies and get snort installed on
| my machine.
| (A Solaris workstation running Solaris ().
| I cannot get snort to run.
| This is my output:
| # ./snort -v
| ld.so.1: ./snort: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
| directory
| Killed
| # which libgcc_s.so.1
| no libgcc_s.so.1 in /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/bin /usr/ccs/bin
| /usr/sbin /usr/bin
| # find / -name libgcc_s.so.1
| /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
| /usr/local/lib/sparcv9/libgcc_s.so.1
| # echo $PATH
| /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
|
| Can anyone give me a hint as to what the problem is?
| Do I have to modify one of my . Files?
|
| Thnx
| Gil
|

| ______________________________________________________________________
| This e-mail transmission contains confidential information that is the
property of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that any retention, disclosure, reproduction or distribution of
the contents of this e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in
reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. No
warranty is given by NYSIF that this e-mail is free of viruses,
interception or interference. NYSIF disclaims liability for any
unauthorized opinion, representation, statement, offer or contract made
by the sender on behalf of NYSIF. NYSIF's delegation of authorities,
setting out who may make representations or contract on behalf of NYSIF,
is available by contacting NYSIF at mailadm at ...2673... Jurisdiction for
all actions arising out of dealings with NYSIF shall lie only in a court
of competent jurisdiction of the State of New York.