[Snort-devel] Snort development process

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+snort at ...2292...
Sun Nov 7 13:52:52 EST 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:25:16 -0500 (COT)
Andres Felipe Arboleda Torres <aarboleda at ...2535...> wrote:

> Could anyone tell me what is the name of the software engineering
> methodology (or development process, such as XP or RUP) used to develop
> Snort?

First of all, you need to be aware that XP and RUP and most of the
others exist mainly to sell books (XP) or software (RUP).

That said, the snort development process follows RUP more closely
than it does XP.

And for those of you who have no clue what he's talking about:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Programming
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_Unified_Process

Erik
[N] Erik de Castro Lopo, Senior Computer Engineer
[E] erik.de.castro.lopo at ...2292...
[W] http://www.sensorynetworks.com
[T] +61 2 83022726
[F] +61 2 94750316
[A] L6/140 William St, East Sydney NSW 2011, Australia