AW: [Snort-devel] Snort compilation

Tony Carter tcarter at ...2555...
Wed Jun 23 22:36:20 EDT 2004


Looks like you need the crypt library. Try adding -lcrypt to your  
compile.

-Tony


On Jun 22, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Daniel Walther wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> Hi list,
>
>  
>
> Thank you for this hint. With MySQL the static linking is working. But  
> it still won’t work with PostgreSQL.
>
> Does anyone have another hint for me? It would be great.
>
>  
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
>  
>
> Best regards
>
> Daniel
>
>  
>
>
> Von: William Metcalf [mailto:William_Metcalf at ...2528...]
>  Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Juni 2004 18:11
> An: daniel.walther at ...2567...
> Betreff: Re: [Snort-devel] Snort compilation
>
>  
>
> I got snort to compile statically with mysql support by changing the  
> binding order of the library linking. I moved linking of the lz  
> library to after the linking of -lmysqlclient
>
>  so in your makefile
>
>  change
>
>  LIBS = -lz -lpcre -lpcap -lm -lnsl  -lmysqlclient
>
> to
>
> LIBS= -lpcre -lpcap -lm -lnsl -lmysqlclient -lz
>
> Regards,
>
> Will
> <image.tiff>"Daniel Walther" <daniel.walther at ...2567...>
>
>
>
> "Daniel  Walther" <daniel.walther at ...2567...>
> Sent by: snort-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> 06/18/2004 09:39 AM
>
> Please respond to
>  daniel.walther at ...2567...
>
> <image.tiff>To
>
> <image.tiff>
> <snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> <image.tiff>cc
>
> <image.tiff><image.tiff>Subject
>
> <image.tiff>
> [Snort-devel]  Snort compilation
>
>  
>
> <image.tiff><image.tiff>
> Hi list
>
> I've tried to compile snort with LDFLAGS=-static. I wanted to compile  
> snort
> with database support.
> But unfortunately I won't work.
> I've tired it with --with-postgresql and --with-mysql.
> If I try it without LDFLAGS=-static, then it works.
>
> I receive the following errors when I call make:
> - with mysql
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BEGIN  
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -static -L/usr/lib -lpcre
> -L/home/daenu/wims/mysql-standard-4.0.20-pc-linux-i686/lib -o snort  
>  codes.o
> debug.o decode.o log.o mstring.o parser.o plugbase.o snort.o snprintf.o
> strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o tag.o ubi_BinTree.o ubi_SplayTree.o util.o  
> detect.o
> signature.o mempool.o sf_sdlist.o fpcreate.o fpdetect.o pcrm.o
> byte_extract.o sfthreshold.o packet_time.o event_wrapper.o  
> wifi_statetable.o
> output-plugins/libspo.a detection-plugins/libspd.a  
> preprocessors/libspp.a
> preprocessors/flow/portscan/libportscan.a preprocessors/flow/libflow.a
> parser/libparser.a preprocessors/HttpInspect/libhttp_inspect.a
> sfutil/libsfutil.a -lz -lpcre -lpcap -lm -lnsl  -lmysqlclient
> /home/daenu/wims/mysql-standard-4.0.20-pc-linux-i686/lib/ 
> libmysqlclient.a(my
> _compress.o)(.text+0xb4): In function `my_compress_alloc':
> : undefined reference to `compress'
> /home/daenu/wims/mysql-standard-4.0.20-pc-linux-i686/lib/ 
> libmysqlclient.a(my
> _compress.o)(.text+0x12a): In function `my_uncompress':
> : undefined reference to `uncompress'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [snort] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/daenu/wims/snort-2.1.1/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/daenu/wims/snort-2.1.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daenu/wims/snort-2.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< END  
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> - with postgresql
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< BEGIN  
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -static -L/usr/lib -lpcre -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -o  
> snort
> codes.o debug.o decode.o log.o mstring.o parser.o plugbase.o snort.o
> snprintf.o strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o tag.o ubi_BinTree.o ubi_SplayTree.o  
> util.o
> detect.o signature.o mempool.o sf_sdlist.o fpcreate.o fpdetect.o pcrm.o
> byte_extract.o sfthreshold.o packet_time.o event_wrapper.o  
> wifi_statetable.o
> output-plugins/libspo.a detection-plugins/libspd.a  
> preprocessors/libspp.a
> preprocessors/flow/portscan/libportscan.a preprocessors/flow/libflow.a
> parser/libparser.a preprocessors/HttpInspect/libhttp_inspect.a
> sfutil/libsfutil.a -lpcre -lpcap -lm -lnsl  -lpq
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.a(fe-auth.o)(.text+0x1e1): In function
> `pg_password_sendauth':
> : undefined reference to `crypt'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [snort] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/daenu/wims/snort-2.1.1/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/daenu/wims/snort-2.1.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/daenu/wims/snort-2.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< END  
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> Is there any chance to compile it with this LDFLAGS and database  
> support? I
> need to compile it this way, because it will run on a mini Linux.
>
> I tried it with snort-2.1.1 with the wireless patch.
>
> I hope anyone can help me.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards
> Daniel
>
>
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by The 2004 JavaOne(SM) Conference
> Learn from the experts at JavaOne(SM), Sun's Worldwide Java Developer
> Conference, June 28 - July 1 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA
> REGISTER AND SAVE! http://java.sun.com/javaone/sf Priority Code  
> NWMGYKND
> _______________________________________________
> Snort-devel mailing list
> Snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/snort-devel





More information about the Snort-devel mailing list