[Snort-devel] [snort-devel]How can snort catch the DoS attack and scan action

david snortreader at ...954...
Thu Jun 3 23:17:02 EDT 2004

冰川
Hi,everyone

    I'm doing some research on NIDS, and now reading the source code of snort. While, during my running it these days, I found that snort could not alert the DoS attack, such as synflood attack, even it can't alert the scan action, such as some packets from xscan.
    How should I configure the snort, if I want it to alert the synflood attack and the scan action.Or it can't alert these things?
    Can't somebody lend me a hand?