[Snort-devel] Bug : misuse of calloc

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+snort at ...2292...
Wed Jul 28 21:13:00 EDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:37:26 +1000
Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd+snort at ...2292...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While looking around in src/sfutil/mwm.c I found a number
> of instances where the calloc function was being misused,
> which could lead to data alignment problems on CPU
> architectures where that can be a problem.

After fixing the above, I searched the code for similar
problems and found about 160 other instances of incorrect
calloc usage.

I'm willing to fix these and generate a patch if someone
can tell me that the patch will be applied.

Cheers,
Erik
[N] Erik de Castro Lopo, Senior Computer Engineer
[E] erik.de.castro.lopo at ...2292...
[W] http://www.sensorynetworks.com
[T] +61 2 83022726
[F] +61 2 94750316
[A] L4/140 William St, East Sydney NSW 2011, Australia