[Snort-devel] Better Port Lists

Sheppard Martin Contr AFRL/IFGB Martin.Sheppard at ...2281...
Tue Jul 20 06:00:05 EDT 2004

I have been waiting for this for a few years also.  sigh..  Haven't had the
time to do it myself.  Haven't seen any mention of a timeframe for
implementation, but this feature request does show up on the list every so
often.  someday:)

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-devel-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Lionel CONS
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 8:26 AM
To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-devel] Better Port Lists

Hello,

There is one feature that we really miss in Snort which is the ability
to declare arbitrary port lists/sets like 80,8000-8099,9000 (using the
Nmap syntax).

The default snort.conf contains:

 # Port lists must either be continuous [eg 80:8080], or a single port [eg
80].
 # We will adding support for a real list of ports in the future.

so this has probably already been discussed in the past.

Does anybody know when this enhancement will/may be implemented?

Thanks,
Lionel Cons        http://cern.ch/lionel.cons
CERN               http://www.cern.ch

Cheop's Law:
	Nothing ever gets build on schedule or within budget.