[Snort-devel] sp_respond2 is back and needs testing

Jeff Nathan jeff at ...835...
Mon Jul 19 15:20:13 EDT 2004

Hi there snortees.

I've got a new version of the flexible response code, sp_respond2,
ready for testing.  This new version uses libdnet
(http://libdnet.sourceforge.net) and is significantly faster than all
previous versions.  During testing I was able to reset TCP connections
where both the client and server were on the same LAN.

The patch is attached to this message but if you'd like to download it,
it's also available from

http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jeff/archives/snort/sp_respond2/

It's most helpful if you're somewhat experienced with Snort.  for the
time being I'd like to avoid tutoring users during testing.