[Snort-devel] VxWorks OS with Snort

avi chesla chess4_4 at ...445...
Wed Jul 14 13:05:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have developed an anomaly based (actually rate based) intrusion prevention
system that is based on adaptive fuzzy logic decision engine. Understanding
the limits that an anomaly based IPS have with the detection of direct
exploits (exploits that are not involved with packet rate anomaly or
preliminary scan activities) lead me to think about integrating snort based
signature detection engine.

The system that I have developed is based on Motorola PowerPC processor with
VxWroks OS.
Does any one have an experience with the implementation of Snort on VxWorks
OS.

I will appreciate your help.

Avi.