[Snort-devel] Better Port Lists

Lionel CONS lionel.cons at ...2575...
Wed Jul 14 13:05:32 EDT 2004

Hello,

There is one feature that we really miss in Snort which is the ability
to declare arbitrary port lists/sets like 80,8000-8099,9000 (using the
Nmap syntax).

The default snort.conf contains:

 # Port lists must either be continuous [eg 80:8080], or a single port [eg 80].
 # We will adding support for a real list of ports in the future.

so this has probably already been discussed in the past.

Does anybody know when this enhancement will/may be implemented?

Thanks,
Lionel Cons        http://cern.ch/lionel.cons
CERN               http://www.cern.ch

Cheop's Law:
	Nothing ever gets build on schedule or within budget.