[Snort-devel] Snort 2.1.0 hangs/stops responding

Kumar, Manoj kumarm at ...2330...
Mon Jan 19 12:54:06 EST 2004

Hi guys,
I am facing a problem with SNORT 2.1.0 and even previous versions like 2.0.0 or 2.0.6 etc has some problem if it captures a huge amount of packets (100MB/min). It stops responding after running for quite some time. Some time, for 1-2 days and some time for couple of hours depending on traffic flow. I am capturing data on Gigabit ethernet card(eth1).

I have only way to keep it capturing continously is by killing the SNORT process  after about 1 hour or so. Any idea,why I am facing this problem.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Manoj Kumar