[Snort-devel] Query on processor(frag2)

Martin Roesch roesch at ...402...
Sat Jan 17 12:23:02 EST 2004

Snort stores the fragments in memory and reassembles them into a packet
buffer that is generated at reassembly time.  The frag2 preprocessor
uses a memory cap to indicate the maximum amount of memory that the
entire preprocessor can use, this is configured in the snort.conf file.
  If the memcap is hit, the preprocessors uses a number of strategies to
make sure that memory isn't exhausted and that the packet cleared is
not predictable by any attackers.

      -Marty