[Snort-devel] custom libpcap being ignored?

Florian Effenberger floeff at ...2327...
Wed Jan 14 13:02:09 EST 2004

Hello,

I try to compile Snort on my Debian system. This system has an old version
of libcap already installed. I manually compiled and installed the correct
version, but Snort seems to ignore it and always chooses the old version.

Configure options:

===
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/snort --enable-sourcefire --enable-perfmonit
or --enable-linux-smp-stats --enable-flexresp --with-libpcap-includes=/usr/l
ocal/libpcap/include --with-libpcap-libraries=/usr/local/libpcap/lib
===

Configure output:
===
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no
===

What do I have to tell configure in order to ONLY use /usr/local/libcap/...
for my libpcap?

Thanks
Florian