[Snort-devel] __func__ not before GCC 2.95.3

Chris Green cmg at ...81...
Fri Feb 27 07:38:07 EST 2004

"Jan Hugo Prins" <jhp at ...2405...> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have a rather old system that still works with EGCS 1.1.2 and GCC 2.91.6.
> When I tried to compile the latest version of snort I got several errors
> with regard to a function __func__ that didn't exist. After some searching
> I found that this was because of the old GCC compiler I use.

> Is there a reason that this function is used?

It's C99

> As far as I understood __FUNCTION__ is also available and works with
> older versions of gcc.

I swore there was supposed to be a macro test for that in configure.in
but it might just assume that gcc has __func__

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...2257...>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.