[Snort-devel] __func__ not before GCC 2.95.3

Jan Hugo Prins jhp at ...2405...
Fri Feb 27 07:13:02 EST 2004

Hello,

I have a rather old system that still works with EGCS 1.1.2 and GCC 2.91.6.
When I tried to compile the latest version of snort I got several errors
with regard to a function __func__ that didn't exist. After some searching
I found that this was because of the old GCC compiler I use. Is there a
reason that this function is used? As far as I understood __FUNCTION__ is
also available and works with older versions of gcc.

Greetings,
J.H. Prins