[Snort-devel] SNORT has memory leak on Linux Red hat 9
kumarm at ...2330...
Wed Feb 25 14:25:02 EST 2004
I am running SNORT ver 2.1.0 to capture data from my giga bit network on RedHat Linux 9 where SNORT is capturing 100MB of data per minute (Lots of data). Problem is that memory usage keeps going as long as SNORT is running.
WORST thing is that even if you kill the SNORT process, it doesn't release the memory. Memory usage remains as it is.
Would you guys please help me out? Why SNORT is behaving like this and anybody has noticed this problem?
From: Jeremy Hewlett [ mailto:jh at ...402...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 4:41 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net;
snort-announce at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-devel] Snort 2.1.1 final is available!
Snort 2.1.1 is now available - Thanks everyone who installed RC1 and
tried it out! The differences between RC1 and final are minor, and
* Documentation updates and fixes by JP Vossen, Felipe Franciosi, and
* Compiles on Tru64 now - thanks Hari Gopal and Darryl Cook.
* libintsnort.a is no longer included in compile routine (this is the
Solaris "ar" problem some people have had)
* Snort templates have been updated
* Fixed issue with CSV not displaying its output correctly - thanks
Bill Guyton and Alan Milligan for your fixes.
* Fixed Flow-Portscan alert-mode bug where only one alert would get
generated. Thanks Kevin Amorin for pointing out the problem and
testing the fix.
* Minor Makefile fix for "unexpected end of line" at the verstuff.pl
line when not using GNU "make" on Solaris - Thanks for the report,
* Removed escaping of '%' and '_' characters in MySQL (thanks
For further info on changes, please review the ChangeLog and
RELEASE.NOTES, which can be found in the parent directory of the snort
The Snort Team
SF.Net is sponsored by: Speed Start Your Linux Apps Now.
Build and deploy apps & Web services for Linux with
a free DVD software kit from IBM. Click Now!
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1356 <http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1356&alloc_id=3438&op=click> &alloc_id=3438&op=click
Snort-devel mailing list
Snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Snort-devel