[Snort-devel] [ snort-Support Requests-897855 ] Snort Not Running

SourceForge.net noreply at ...12...
Mon Feb 16 06:54:12 EST 2004

Support Requests item #897855, was opened at 2004-02-16 20:40
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203357&aid=897855&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi, I use SME 5.6 and snort was running fine.

I have obviously done something which has caused snort
to stop.

If I run /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd restart

I get

Stopping snort:                                            [
FAILED ]
Starting snort:                                            [   OK   ]

If I then enter ps -ef | grep snort

I only see the query process only.

This might not be the correct way to confirm that snort
is running.

I have uninstalled and re-installed multiply times, but to
get a different result I guess I need to do something
different.

Can anyone help me determine what is wrong and how
to fix it.

Thanks in advance

Dave