[Snort-devel] Snort 2.1.1-RC1 Available

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...402...
Wed Feb 4 14:02:30 EST 2004

Greetings!

Snort 2.1.1-RC1 is now officially available! We're asking everyone who
has experienced issues with the 2.1.0 release to please test this RC.
In particular, we'd like to make sure we've addressed issues brought
up on the mailing lists. Ideally, this Release Candidate will just
turn into the 2.1.1 release, unless there are any other issues.

Some of the major issues addressed in RC1 are:

* Compilation issues that some users were having on BSD and Solaris
* Alert mangling fixes
* Win32 snort runs as a service now (From Chris Reid)
* Win32 snort now supports logging to Oracle databases
* Many http_inspect configuration improvements via suggestions by the
  community

We've also added a new rule option, Flowbits, which can be used to
track rule state across transport protocol sessions. Please read
./doc/README.flowbits for more information.

For further info on changes, please review the ChangeLog and
RELEASE.NOTES, which can be found in the parent directory of the snort
source.

Try it out, let us know what you think!

Thanks,
The Snort Team