[Snort-devel] Pattern matching algorighm

tabrez rajani tabrez_rajani at ...398...
Sun Dec 12 21:38:03 EST 2004

Hi Everybody,

I have been going thru the source code and am unable
to figure out where the actual pattern matching
occures.I have to use Snorts  pattern matching
algorithm on the IXP 1200. I know that Snort uses the
Aho Corasick algorithm and that there is a file called
acsmx.c . I do not understand the corelation between
the two.

I will really appreciate it if somebody cud tell me
which files to look for the actuall pattern matching
algorithm and where I could get more information from.

Thanks in advance,
Tab.