[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] Snort dont understand pf (openbsd) format

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...402...
Wed Dec 1 12:05:01 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> We'd love to see it go into 2.3.x, of course -- we're relying on a
> patched version of Snort for now, and that's not comfortable.

It won't get into 2.3.0, but 2.3.x releases are doable, and certainly
2.4.x+

> Does anyone have an idea on how likely acceptance of this is? Deadline?

Chances of being accepted are pretty good if you address the
weaknesses mentioned in your patch. When you're ready with the final
cut, please send it to me. Also, make sure that it applies to HEAD as
well as 2.3 branch.

If you still need help with testing, let me know.

Thanks!