[Snort-devel] Snort 2.2.0 Final Released
jh at ...402...
Wed Aug 11 14:06:06 EDT 2004
Thanks for testing out the Release Candidate, a good number of bugs
were squashed for the Final release. To that end, we're pleased to
announce the availability of 2.2.0 Final. The following items list
what has changed from RC1->Final. Please check it out and let us know
what you think!
* Updated database schema diagram from Chris Reid. Schema can be found
* Added --include-pcre* configuration option to help cross compiling.
Thanks Erik de Castro Lopo.
* Fixed thresholding/suppression issue with queuing multiple
events per packet. Thanks Andreas Ostling.
* When a rebuilt stream causes an alert, log out the original packets
instead of the rebuilt packet. Thanks sekure at ...2499... for the
* Turned off http_inspect alerts that were causing false positives in
the preset webserver profiles (Thanks Dan Roelker).
* Turn off encoding alerts in HTTP parameter field. The parameter
field is still normalized, it just doesn't alert. This helps reduce
alerts that are generated from complex parameter queries (Thanks Dan
* Fixed memory leak in "fast" output. Thanks for your bug report
sekure at ...2602...
* Clear error code which under Windows was causing a subsequent false
failure in parsing threshold rules. (Thanks to Rich Adamson)
Further details can be found in Changelog and RELEASE.NOTES.
The Snort Team
More information about the Snort-devel