[Snort-devel] Bug in barnyard causes core dump

Emre Bastuz info at ...2587...
Tue Aug 3 05:15:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I dropped into this mailing list just to let you know of a bug that I discovered
today.
Sorry if this particular bug has alrady been discussed - I could not find any
reference to it in the snort-devel/snort-user archives.

First of all the behaviour is reproducable! :)

The following line in the barnyard configuration causes barnyard to dump core (I
tested 0.2.0 and 0.1.0):

output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 3, database snort-db, server
db.sumthin.de, user snort, password myPassword,

Please note the trailing ",".

I´m not sure but I do think that the line with a trailing "," should not trigger
a core dump but an error message instead. When I remove it everything works
fine.

I´m running Snort 2.1.3 on a FreeBSD 4.9 with Mysql 3.23 and barnyard 0.2.0.

Regards,

Emre

--
http://www.emre.de                        UIN: 561260
PGP Key ID: 0xAFAC77FD

I don't see why some people even HAVE cars. -- Calvin