[Snort-devel] [ snort-Support Requests-935151 ] Newbie Snort & Snortcenter install

SourceForge.net noreply at ...12...
Mon Apr 19 04:57:00 EDT 2004

Support Requests item #935151, was opened at 2004-04-14 12:38
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203357&aid=935151&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Please help... I am trying to set up Snortcenter on top
of my working version of Snort :

I am attempting to install SnortCenter v1.0 RC1 as a
web based control console ontop of my existing IDS
The install looks something like this:
Redhat 9.0
easy-ids-ver2.0.0-rh9.0 (which consists of:)
Apache, Snort, MySql, ADADB, ACID.
I also have phpMyadmin installed on the MySQL database.
So far the IDS is functioning perfectly. ACID reports
fine. The problem lies with configuring Snortcenter to
control the existing version of Snort.
In Snortcenter, how does one go about setting up the
localhost as the only sensor? Also, I have changed the
URL in the config file to point at the Snort rule up
dates but I keep getting the same response. "No updates
at this time". It appears as though Snortcenter does
not know about my existing install Snort.