[Snort-devel] Snort Pattern Search Algorithms

Peter Richard list_tom at ...398...
Tue Apr 6 01:04:02 EDT 2004

Hi EverOne,

Iam in need of some documents which explains me in detail about the Pattern Match Algorithm Techniques currently used

by snort in Version (=/>)2.0. I want to know as to how thus snort uses the Multiple content search and implement the

special options such as distance,Within etc.

I am aware about the basic algorithm like Boyer Moyre & AC_BM apporaches mentioned in the doc present at the following link.

http://www.silicondefense.com/software/acbm/speed_of_snort_06_21_2001.pdf

But i want to know about the current implementation as i read somewhere it uses a enhanced approach BM set wise algo etc.

Thanks in Advance !!
Cheers
Peter