[Snort-devel] make depend

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+snort at ...2292...
Thu Apr 1 16:42:06 EST 2004

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:40:36 -0500
Michael Richardson <Michael.Richardson at ...2449...> wrote:

> Is there any facility in the makefile/configure stuff that I'm missing
> (i.e. isn't enabled by default) to provide for automatic dependancy
> generation?
>
> I.e recompile relevant .c files when .h file changes?

Not sure about automake/configure, but gcc has the -M option:

     gcc -M file.c -MF file.deps

or better yet, the -MM option which lists only non-system header file
dependancies.

Erik
[N] Erik de Castro Lopo, Senior Computer Engineer
[E] erik.de.castro.lopo at ...2292...
[W] http://www.sensorynetworks.com
[T] +61 2 83022726
[F] +61 2 94750316
[A] L4/140 William St, East Sydney NSW 2011, Australia