[Snort-devel] [Snort-users] Snort 2.1.2 released!
jh at ...402...
Wed Mar 31 23:08:05 EST 2004
Good afternoon, snorters!
The Snort Team is proud to officially release Snort v2.1.2. This is a
bugfix release, and so it is recommended that users upgrade to this
Fixes highlighted for this release are as follows:
* Fixed conversation parsing faults so users can operate this
* Detect non-rfc standard chunk encodings (thanks, H.D. Moore
<hdm at ...2451...>)
* Detect abnormal HTTP requests with newlines, spaces, etc. before the
request method (thanks, Kanatoko <anvil at ...2452...>).
* Fix invalid ptr reference that occurred on Fedora. This should also
help reduce any false positive 'U Decoding' alerts. (thanks, Owen
Crow <Owen_Crow at ...2453...>)
* Fix possible condition where request pipeline URL gets inspected,
but the rest of a packet doesn't.
* Fix negative stats output on snort exit or SIGUSR1. (thanks, Owen
Crow <Owen_Crow at ...2453...> and others)
Thanks to the community for your continued input and comments, as
always, it is much appreciated!
The Snort Team
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials
Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of
GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system
Snort-users mailing list
Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Go to this URL to change user options or unsubscribe:
Snort-users list archive:
More information about the Snort-devel