[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-812958 ] snort 2.0.1 on Alpha dies after nmap?

SourceForge.net noreply at ...12...
Fri Sep 26 06:08:31 EDT 2003

Bugs item #812958, was opened at 2003-09-26 09:59
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=812958&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
System: Dec Alphaserver 1200

OS: Linux, Debian 3.0 upgraded with unstable

      kernel 2.4.22-1

Snort: v2.0.1 build 88 , libpcap-0.7

Snort seems to be up and running fine with no errors,

but if I run nmap against the interface snort is listening

on, it dies with no error message. It logs the data

to /var/log/snort/portscan2.log first but seems to have

died once the scan has finished. (e.g. I do a ps ax |

grep -i snort before and it's fine, run the nmap scan, do

it again and it's gone)

nmap version was v3.00 coming from another Linux box.

I'm not a programmer/developer so let me know what

other info would be useful.

I have read the FAQ, and spotted one possibly similar

thread on the mailing list, although it was to do with

snort dying on a Sparc. Apologies in advance if I've done

something really thick.

command:

/usr/sbin/snort -m 027 -D -S HOME_NET=[any] -

C /etc/snort/snort.conf -l /var/log/snort -d -u snort -g

snort -i any -o