[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] Re: Snort and SourceFire "Backdoored"

Peteris Krumins newsgroups at ...2117...
Sun Sep 21 11:23:18 EDT 2003

Sunday, September 21, 2003, 6:24:54 PM, you wrote:

B> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 08:22:03AM -0700, joeypork at ...1273... wrote:
>> I guess now that we have this incident validated as positively true from
>> the main Snort/SourceFire IT person, it lends a lot of credibility to
>> the Snort/SourceFire "backdoor" rumor.

B> No, it does not.  Did you read my email?

B> I said this was OLD news.  A LONG time ago.  We published our findings on
B> snort.org a LONG time ago.  Your assumptions are all wrong.

B> Grow up already.

#phrack at ...2190...
<xxx> I think stating that you've been owned for years makes one look even more
      incompetent. Because let's face it..if they weren't able to catch atleast
      a dozen remotely exploitable bugs in snort in their regular audits, who's
      to say they'd catch any so-called "backdooring"

It must have really been long time ago:
-rw-r--r-- 1 bmc bmc 199418 --- -- ---- snort-1.8.5-openbsd-3.0.pkg.tgz
-r--r--r-- 1 cmg cmg 1794602 --- -- ---- snort-20020129-1stable.src.rpm

P.Krumins